The National Academy of Floor Covering Training (NAFCT) will hold a Hardwood Inspection Class and facility tour at the USDA Forest Products Lab in Madison, WI, June 10-15, 2019.
You cannot begin an in-depth understanding of wood flooring if you do not first learn wood anatomy, and where better to learn the intricacies of wood than the Forest Products Laboratory. This is a unique opportunity in the wood inspection industry designed not only for inspectors, but also for:
- Manufacturer Technical Representatives and R&D Professionals
- Manufacturing Claims Representatives
- Retail Sales Professionals
- Retail Estimators
- Cleaning Management Professionals
- Restoration Professionals
- Professional Instructors and Trainers
- Trade Association Leaders
- Insurance Adjusters and Claims Professionals
- Interior Designers
This intensive five-day class will cover everything from wood anatomy through kiln drying, milling, finishes, site finishing, acclimation, substrates, installation, installed environment, maintenance, inspection techniques and report writing.
The class instructors include Paul Pleshek, NAFCT; Sonny Callaham, Divergent Adhesives; Seth Pevarnik, Ardex; and Evan Lauridsen, Shaw Industries — with contributions from Alex Weidenhoeft and Sam Glass of the USDA Forest Products Lab.
Contact NAFCT School Administrator Paul Pleshek at Paul@nafct.com for class times or to arrange a course.