INSTALL, the International Standards and Training Alliance, and Tarkett, a world leader in sustainable floorcovering solutions, solutions, are joining forces to educate the A&D community with its AIA-approved 1.5 LU opportunity. This spring, architects, designers and other flooring specifiers can join INSTALL and Tarkett for a series of five CEU programs focused on designing health care settings to prevent infection.
The course, “Infection Control Risk Assessment Best Practices for Healthcare Construction” is designed to fill the void in education for architects designing for health care facilities. From contamination containment and product selection to specifying the right labor force, health care facilities present many challenges to designers. Construction best practices must perform at a high level, responding to strict sanitary and infection control needs. Designing for prevention of hospital-acquired infections is one of the most important steps to take when it comes to health care facility projects. In addition, understanding considerations for noise reduction and maintenance is critical.
The INSTALL & Tarkett CEU partnership seeks to provide best practices to avoid downtime, infection and fatalities due to construction/renovation contamination by covering five main learning objectives:
- Educate specification professionals in the importance of having construction crews trained in ICRA protocol
- Help eliminate job site problems, such as the release of pathogens and other contamination issues, through a better understanding and a better ability to identify problems before they occur
- Teach how to identify types of preparation required for various projects
- Offer wording for specification for properly trained construction professionals who are best able to successfully complete the work specified
- Answer any questions and address concerns regarding specific projects.
The health care CEU will be hosted from 3:30-5:30 p.m. and will be offered at training centers across the Midwest. Registration information for each event is included in the following links:
- March 14, MRCC Banquet Center, Warren, MI
- March 22, Twin Cities Training Center, Saint Paul, MN
- March 28, IKORCC Training Center, Indianapolis, IN
- March 30, Elk Grove Village Training Center, Chicago, IL
- April 11, North Texas Training Center, Arlington, TX