Training and certification are key to solving floorcovering industry challenges, but even more important are the partnerships that make education possible. Collaboration with floorcovering stakeholders is one of the most lucrative ways to bring cutting-edge, innovative skills and techniques to the industry, ultimately shrinking the unskilled labor pool.
INSTALL, the International Standards and Training Alliance works with mills, manufacturers and contractors to bring unparalleled training and certification to North America. The organization is able to accomplish this by continuing to grow its membership base.
INSTALL Warranty Contractor (IWC)
The highest level of certification within the INSTALL program is to attain INSTALL Warranty Contractor (IWC) status. Each of these contractors must be nominated and complete a rigorous review to achieve this status.
Four new companies now carry the INSTALL Warranty on Labor which provides an additional, extended, free, non-proprietary and third-party installation warranty of $25,000 and two years.
- United Installation Services, located in Plymouth, MN, provides high quality floor installations throughout the state of Minnesota.
- Paul Linoleum & Carpet Co. has over 75 years of experience specifying and installing floor covering throughout the continental United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. They are located in Eagan, MN.
- CFS Interiors & Flooring has been rooted in Minnesota for more than 20 years. Not only does the business serve the Midwest, its services extend throughout the United States and Canada.
- William Reichenbach Co., has over 65 years of experience serving the building and construction trades since 1950 and is located in Okemos, MI.
Since the inception of the INSTALL Warranty Program in June 2013, INSTALL has underwritten approximately $250 million in flooring installations without a single claim filed, making an IWC the go-to choice for commercial flooring projects. Each IWC maintains the integrity of every design because of superior training and certification.
New INSTALL Alliance Partners
Alliance Partners participate in ongoing curriculum reviews and work with INSTALL instructors to revise and refine the curriculum to meet manufacturer standards. INSTALL is currently partnered with more than 100 major mills and manufacturers.
- USG Performance Flooring, headquartered in Chicago, IL, offers innovative flooring solutions under the Levelrock® and Durock™ Brands, ensuring you get the right floor the first time. USG’s product portfolio also includes polished concrete overlays, fast track construction solutions, and UL-approved gypsum underlayments.
- Niagara Machine, Inc. is a leader in surface preparation, concrete grinding and polishing. Since 1954 Niagara Machine, Inc. has grown its products, services and training to meet the needs of grinding, polishing, and coating professionals.