CFI is pleased to announce the seven education sessions that will take place during the LIVE with CFI convention in Orlando, FL, August 18-20, 2021.
- How to Avoid the Avoidable: Identifying Common Installation Challenges, presented by Brian Rubino and Don Styka, CIM, both of Tarkett. They will identify common job site challenges that when not properly addressed can lead to installation inefficiencies and potential claims. Understand how manufacturer installation instructions and ASTM Standards provide the necessary information to avoid these issues and provide successful installations.
- Utilizing LinkedIn for Contractor, presented by Huseyin Koca, CIM of Partner Flooring. This session will include a brief description of LinkedIn, different ways to utilize and use LinkedIn for your business. In addition, Huseyin will be doing a review of premium LinkedIn features.
- From Forest to Floor: Cork Tile Explained, presented by Christopher Capobianco (the Cork Dork of New York) of Spartan Surfaces. This session will go over the history of cork: starting with the harvesting and usage of which goes back over 100 years for floor tile, and thousands of years for cork stoppers. We will cover how (and how not) to specify, install, and maintain cork tile.
- Understanding Common Flooring Claims, presented by Dave Zack of Floor Detective. This session will help you gain a better understanding of common flooring claims and their causes. It will go over manufacturing defects, installer errors, and characteristics. This session also covers site, maintenance, or usage related claims and proper claim identification and terminology.
- Building and Capitalizing on Relationships in both the Commercial and Residential Business Worlds, presented by Rod Von Busch, CIM of C.D.I. Flooring and Roland Thompson, CFE, CFP of Thompson Flooring. This session will focus on tips on how to build relationships with clients, manufacturers, and other trades. Also, how to turn little favors into higher job profits.
- What to Expect with the New Administration, presented by Jeff King of JKing & Associates, PLLC. In this session, Jeff King will give you his thoughts on what a flooring contractor, dealer and installer should expect under the new administration. Jeff will touch on employer laws, OSHA regulations, licensing and much more. Find out how these issues will affect you – the flooring dealer, retailer or installer.
- Understanding the Why’s: Installers and Retailers, Moderated by CEO of WFCA, Scott Humphrey & Executive Director of CFI, Robert Varden. Panelists include Dave Garden, Don Roberts, and others. They will discuss what the retailers want to know from the installers, and what the installers want to know from the retailers.
Registration for the event is open for all attendees, exhibitors, and sponsors! Go to https://pheedloop.com/livewithcfi/site/home/ to register now.