New from Tramex Meters is the Concrete Moisture Encounter CME5.
Designed and built in Ireland, for decades the Concrete Moisture Encounter has been the world’s best non-invasive moisture meter for moisture content measurement in concrete. Now Tramex Meters has taken the Concrete Moisture Encounter capabilities to a new level.
The Concrete Moisture Encounter detects and evaluates the moisture conditions within the slab or screed by non-destructively measuring the electrical impedance. A low frequency electronic signal is transmitted into the material under test via the electrodes in the base of the instrument. The strength of this signal varies in proportion to the amount of moisture present in the material.
Further, the unit determines the strength of the current and converts this to a moisture content value for concrete slabs and a comparative value for other cementitious floor screeds, displayed on a large clear analog dial.
Building on Tramex Meters’ traditional values of reliability and repeatability of readings, the company has developed the Concrete Moisture Encounter CME5 to also include:
- Bluetooth connectivity to IOS & Android app, allowing for continual development and integration of apps and reporting
- Robust new enclosure with rugged ergonomic design
- Extension Bracket and Handle to avoid kneeling (optional accessory)
- Optimized for extended battery life
- Optimized for combined testing to improve accuracy
- Non-destructive in operation with no need to probe, drill or mechanically damage the surface
- Clear easy-to-read analog dial
- Instant and precise readings to a depth of approximately 3⁄4″ into the slab
- Hold function “freezes” meter reading when inspecting areas where the meter face is not visible, and for easy recording of data
- Reproducible and reliable results
- Spring-loaded contact pins compensate for uneven concrete and boost signal penetration
For more information about the Concrete Moisture Encounter CME5 unit, visit here.