The World Floor Covering Association (WFCA), along with longtime educational partner International Certified Floorcovering Installers Association, Inc. (CFI), have together announced an extensive lineup of installation training courses spanning across the country and covering every flooring surface, as well as estimating and inspection workshops. The scheduled programs, which include a broad line-up slated for the next Surfaces show, begin in early November and continue through 2015.
Individuals can visit www.CFIinstallers.com for a calendar of scheduled courses. New dates will be added on a continuous basis. To date, fall and winter classes and sponsors include:
- Davenport, OH: Nov 4-5 ‒ Resilient ‒ Carpetland USA
- Davenport, OH: Nov 6-7 ‒ Carpet ‒ Carpetland USA
- Pomona, CA: Nov 18-19 ‒ Wood/Laminate ‒ TRAXX
- Pomona, CA: Nov 20-21 ‒ Carpet ‒ TRAXX
- Nashville, TN: November TBD ‒ Two surfaces ‒ Nashville CFI Chapter
- Sacramento, CA: November 4-5 ‒ Wood/Laminate ‒ Sacramento Floor Covering Assn.
- Sacramento, CA: November 6-7 ‒ Carpet ‒ Sacramento Floor Covering Assn.
- Fond de Lac, WI: December TBD ‒ 2 surfaces ‒ Twohig’s Carpet One
- Birmingham, AL: December 2-3 ‒ Wood/Laminate ‒ Wheat’s Carpet One
- Birmingham, AL: December 4-5 ‒ Carpet ‒ Wheat’s Carpet One
- Boston, MA: January 9-10 ‒ Carpet ‒ The Carpet Workroom
- Charlotte, NC: January 9-10 ‒ Carpet ‒ Watson’s Carpet
- Oklahoma City: January TBD ‒ Two surfaces ‒ Star Flooring
- Cincinnati, OH: January TBD ‒ 2 surfaces ‒ Certified Flooring Installers Inc.
- Las Vegas, NV: January TBD ‒ Resilient ‒ TISE (Surfaces West)
- Las Vegas, NV: January TBD ‒ TISE (Surfaces West) ‒ (Woven and Patterned Carpet Workshop).
- Omaha, NE: First quarter 2014 ‒ Four surfaces ‒ Nebraska Floor Covering Association
- Fort Wayne, IN: April TBD ‒ Carpet Cushion & Supplies CFI Master-II Certified
WFCA members receive a $200 discount for each installer that participates in a class. In addition, if funds are available and requested at least 30 days prior to the event, WFCA will pay 50% of the registration fee up to $500. Applications are available online at www.CFIinstallers.com or by contacting the CFI National Office at (816) 231.4646. CFI staff will assist with the WFCA registration requirements. Interested parties can also visit the WFCA for more details, or call WFCA at (800) 624.6880.