LATICRETE offers distributors, dealers, installers and other flooring professionals a chance to effectively learn from wherever they are with LATICRETE University. The self-paced e-learning program is based on the company’s award-winning Profit Through Knowledge (PTK) technical seminars and delivers vital industry and production information in short, easy online tutorials.
Recently, the company launched a new program called “101 Series” for tile and stone professionals who are new to the industry and find themselves overwhelmed with the vast array of materials and installation methods. The program will allow them to obtain basic knowledge on a variety of systems and topics pertinent to succeed in their roles.
The 101 Series is aimed for tile and stone professionals who have recently joined the industry and may find themselves overwhelmed with the vast array of materials and installation methods. They’ll obtain basic industry knowledge in short, easy, online tutorials.
- Surface Preparation Material and Basics – Differences between various surface preparation compounds, skim coats and mortar beds and how best to use.
- Understanding Membranes 101 – Purpose of membranes function and how they are used on a tile and stone installation.
- Understanding Movement Joints in Tile Systems 101 – Why movement joints are required and complying with construction standards.
- Tile Adhesives 101 – Different categories and best uses of tile and stone adhesives.
- Tile 101 – Popular tiles used today and general installation methods.
- The Basics of Tile and Stone Substrates – What defines a substrate and standard requirements in a tile and stone installation.
- Grout Basics 101 – What is grout and the different types, along with basic installation methods.
- Resinous Flooring 101 – Understanding attractive, thin coatings and determining the right solution for your application based on chemical differences.
- Sealers 101 – Various sealers available and how each perform best to prevent damage.
- Self-Leveling Underlayment (SLU) Basics – Purpose of self-leveling underlayments, including substrate preparation, priming and pouring.
Upon the successful completion of any of the offered segments, users can print or email a certificate for their employee training records.