This month the National Tile Contractors Association (NTCA) is offering a packed slate of training events including a wide range of three-hour workshops and full-day gauged porcelain tile & panels (GPTP) regional training opportunities.
NTCA’s free standards-based workshops put attendees in touch with peers and industry experts as they learn new skills and information, enjoy a catered meal from local eateries, and a chance to win valuable prizes.
The three-hour afternoon or evening events are open to tile installers and contractors, as well as sales personnel and the A&D community—anyone who wants to learn more about standards-based installation practices.
Each NTCA Workshop is presented by NTCA Technical Trainers who have been installing for many years or who still maintain their tile installation business. Workshops feature one of the following topics:
- Ins and Outs of Layout for Contractors
- Tile Matters – Best Practices for the Pros
- Failures – Could It Be Me?
- Tile Technology – Adhesives, Trowels, Lippage
NTCA will be at these locations in August:
- 8/8 Daltile, Salem, OR
- 8/8 Floor & Décor, Sarasota, FL
- 8/8 Floor & Décor, Surprise, AZ
- 8/9 Floor & Décor, Portland, OR
- 8/9 Floor & Décor, Clearwater, FL
- 8/9 Daltile, Tucson, AZ
- 8/10 Floor & Décor, Fort Meyers, FL
- 8/11 Floor & Décor, Albuquerque, NM
- 8/15 Floor & Décor, Antioch, TN
- 8/15 Floor & Décor, Colorado Springs, CO
- 8/15 Floor & Décor, Everett, WA
- 8/16 Floor & Décor, Brentwood, TN
- 8/16 The Tile Shop, Denver, CO
- 8/16 Daltile, Seattle, WA
- 8/17 The Tile Shop, Knoxville, TN
- 8/17 Floor & Décor, Timnath, CO
- 8/17 Daltile, Tacoma/Lakewood, WA
Contractors can also learn about GPTP installation during seven free day-long NTCA Regional Training Events. Visit NTCAtraining.com or the events calendar for details and registration.
- 8/10 – Sponsored and hosted by Floor & Décor, Chicago, IL
- 8/17 – Sponsored and hosted by Floor & Décor, Milpitas, CA
- 8/17 – Sponsored by Crossville, hosted by Virginia Tile, Elk Grove Village, IL
- 8/24 – Sponsored and hosted by Floor & Décor, San Leandro, CA
- 8/24 – Sponsored by Atlas Concorde, hosted by Genessee Tile, Grand Rapids, MI
- 8/31 – Sponsored by Atlas Concorde, hosted by Virginia Tile, Elk Grove Village,IL
GPTP/Slabs Training equips attendees to install porcelain panels with confidence and accuracy. Learn new tile industry standards and methods for installing GPTP, how GPTP is made, where it can be used, and special tools, setting materials and techniques required to install it. This program will emphasize:
- Introduction to tile industry standards
- Use of ANSI A108.19 to install Gauged Porcelain Tile and Panels
- Use of specialty tools and setting materials to install GPTP
- Working with a team to install GPTP
For full information on each event, visit NTCAtraining.com, or click https://bit.ly/3TsR8Tk to visit the Event Calendar.